Monday, January 5, 2009

FIRST BOOK KRUB MEETING IN REVIEW

Present: Graciela, Tricy, Angela, Melissa
Absent: Joanne, Jennifer, Nythia

General Information: Ok, so Tricy and I were the only ones that read the book. That made the Pop Quiz interesting. It also made any book discussion nearly impossible as a group, which wasn’t a huge loss because the book sucked. Tricy won some Mexican pastries. We talked about Sweet Valley High books and exotic massage for a while. Then Angela started breaking into cold sweats and accused me of spiking the mojitos with roofiez!

Next meeting info was initially supposed to be 1/31/09, but word on the street is that next selection is pretty long. Because of that and because of how critical it is for attendees to read the text I propose we move the meeting to 2/21/09. (Also moves the meeting further away from Superbowl dranking)

Key Learning: Read the book. Start meetings later with a substantive meal. Don’t mix rum and champagne.

Reading Selection: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (480 pages) by Stieg Larsson

Next Meeting: Saturday 2/21/09, 7:00pm at Casa Cruz (Melissa wanted to have the meeting at the Massage Palace, but was overruled)

Theme: Swedish Fever (Swedish Meatballz, Vodka, Abba, and Ikea prizes, also some stalker pics Angela will bring of some Red Wings player)

Please comment with your availability for the 2/21/09 date. Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to see the Red Wings at the Staples center next Thursday; I'll report back soon after on the success of my Henrik Zetterberg kidnapping endeavor. He would be a delightful addition to the next book krub meeting. Maybe he will even bring the Stanley Cup (which has made several trips back home to Sweden with him.)

In regards to the roofiez... I highly suggest that everyone either: A) Does not leave their drink unattended or B) Doesn't drink two glasses of champagne before diving into a blackberry mojito. I'm not sure which was the culprit of my near collapse and cold sweats, but I DO know that whatever it was made me feel like I just smoked a chronic blunt with Snoop.

Two questions:
Melissa - Is Tony going to be able to get us a hook up at Border's or not? In this recession, I am pinching pennies wherever possible.
Graciela - If no one can get their mitts on a copy of The Girl with the Tramp Stamp can we pleeeeeeaassee just read a Sweet Valley High selection instead? (Preferably the one where Regina goes into cardiac arrest and dies doing coke.)

P.S. Does everyone remember the movie Fear? Reese Witherspoon looks like a straight up TROLL in it!

Jennifer said...

My mom wants to join Book Krub after I emailed her your summary of meeting one. She ain't scurred of no damn roofiez.

trashcan said...

haha. NICOLE 4EVA!!! i have a not-so-secret crush on mark wahlberg, despite his one note acting abilities. one time our car stopped alongside his on PCH. i looked over into his purple bentley, and he smiled & waved at me. i just about died. unfortunately, bob was sitting in the front seat of the car, throwing mad salt at my game. :(